Anyone else with bad experiences with Docklandet?

DanDK

Ny medlem
Hello

Sorry for the English, jeg er dansk och mit Svenska er dritt

I'm wondering if anyone else has bad experiences with docklandet.se?

Over a month ago I ordered this doll: https://docklandet.se/products/elsie-sexdocka-zelex-155cm-c-kupa-ge13-silikon-express

Now, I've only had TPE dolls before, so I had no idea what a real silicone doll was supposed to weigh, so maybe I'm daft here, but the page clearly says 29,2 kilos, and it then has the "free included weight reduction" option that's supposed to remove "ungefär 7 kilo" according to the site. That makes me think I'm getting a doll a little over 22 kilos.

I also find their "expressleverans" thing pretty deceiving. If you check their page on expressleverans, it's worded to make it sound like it means getting your doll from their in-store stock - they even continue the next paragraph inviting you to drop by the store and buy the doll directly from there, further making one think that these expressleverans dolls are actually in stock in the Swedish store.

Sure, there's a bit of red text on the link I provided that says the body will be shipped from a European warehouse, and that the head will be sent "separately." However, many dolls on the site come in expressleverans versions or not, where you pay a premium for the expressleverans service, and further down the page of the doll, it again stipulates "expressleverans" as being 2-4 four days, "från eget lager." So to me, it seemed like the doll would be shipped from Sweden.

I picked this store, paying a premium over non-scandinavian outlets, exactly because of this. Having just one or two hops from a store in Sweden, where I'd assume they'd already checked the doll for defects etc., it just seemed more safe to me. Didn't wanna deal with a broken doll or customs problems.

So when I first was charged on my credit card and nothing had happened for days, no email, no tracking, that was the first time I was getting anxious, especially with the store not having a trustpilot page. No tracking number. I have generalized anxiety, and stuff like this really gets me riled up.

I finally got a tracking number with the doll body being sent from either France or Italy, I forget which. This further worried me.

After nine days, the body finally arrived. However, it felt ridiculously heavy. I wrote about this via email, and was told "the weight reduction is already implemented in the body so it shouldn't be _extremely_ heavy, however it is a life size 155cm body so it will weigh a lot anyway :)"

About three months ago I broke my wrist and needed surgery, so I thought he might be right, maybe it was just on account of it still being weak.

Unfortunately, I now had three more weeks to ponder this, since the head was apparently being sent from China - another little detail omitted from the product page. Through all but the last few days of this period I had either no tracking number or a tracking number without a package that said it had been "entered digitally into the system." When I asked about this "digital, parcel-less" tracking number, I was told that this was because it was in China and parcels don't get a tracking number until they arrive in Europe. Having bought from Apple and aliexpress many times, including TPE dolls, I know this isn't true. On top of this, ever since the body had been delivered, the order details at docklandet.se stated that "the last item in your order has been delivered," even though I was missing both the head and a pack of TPE glue (which I still haven't received, one and a half months later). Not exactly helping with my anxiety.

My anxiety rising, the doll being an absurdly heavy paperweight, and lackluster communication from Docklandet, I grew frustrated and decided to weight the doll body. I got a scale and confirmed that it wasn't my imagination or weak wrist - the body clocked in at around 40 kg (and I was still waiting for the head, a parcel which was listed in the courier as 2.6 kg). I then checked the original UPS tracking page for the body, and it listed the parcel as weighing 43.6 kg.

I don't know how strong you guys are, but a 42-kg doll is way too much for this 46-year-old man to carry around - I almost had a heart attack getting the parcel upstairs. And either way, this was definitely not the product I ordered and paid for, so I wrote Docklandet and asked them to arrange a pick-up and take it back.

That was nine days ago. The day after, in the evening, they wrote back,

These are older models that are being sold out, hence the reduced price
The Zelex outlet mainly consists of bodies that for various reasons have not reached the end customer, of course unopened or possibly checked by customs

It was more common a few years ago to want more realistic bodies that weighed more.
Today, however, most people prefer a lighter weight, hence older bodies sometimes do not have the same weight reduction.
We are currently reviewing whether the stated weight is correct for all of our products.
But we can guarantee that it is an official Zelex product and not a fake.

So, okay, finally correct information, and admittance that they indeed didn't send me the 29,2 kg doll with a 7-kg weight reduction as advertised and ordered.

I immediately reply back, finally feeling a little relieved,

All right, so that explains that.

How soon can you arrange for the return pick-up? I'm currently in Copenhagen and will be back on Sunday.

Also, I noticed the head delivery tracking number is now no longer "digital entry" only and instead tracks an actual parcel. Would you like for me to reject the package so it gets returned to sender or accept it and include it with the larger packet for the return?

Five days later, this Monday late afternoon, still no response. At this point my anxiety is through the roof (not helped by a lack of medication), and I decide to open a ticket with Nets for a reimbursement of the Visa transaction, as Docklandet at best are dragging their feet, at worst ignoring me, hoping I'll just go away.

I write them to inform them of this, and twelve minutes later, they reply, with a "calm down," and assurance that they will arrange a pickup.

That was three days and five minutes ago. Not a peep since then.

Thankfully, I have the Nets people on my side now, so I'll get refunded if they continue to drag their feet, but christ, this has been so extremely taxing on my nerves. And I really want them to take this doll off my hands. I'm not looking for a free doll or a partial refund, I want this 42-kg deadweight out of my house and the whole case to be over and forgotten

For a long time I was really worried that this was a scam, but I've come to realize that they're just - at least in this case - extremely incompetent.

Wrong advertising and/or wrong dolls sent out. Misleading text that hides the fact that they're using some kind of second-party partner to sell dolls, making it seem like they're sold in and sent from Sweden. Completely omitting the fact that part of the "expressleverans" is over a month in transit FROM CHINA. Not correcting the product page when they realize they're selling a doll with false information.

Do they not care that they'll be spending extra money on handling refunds and returns, or do they assume people won't dare to do anything about because of the sensitive nature of the product?

Arh, I'm getting riled up now, writing about this. So tired of this company.

Am I just super unfortunate here, or do any of you have similar experiences?

I'll be getting my next doll from aliexpress, that's for sure. Thought I was paying extra for service and a hassle-free experience, and I ended up getting the opposite.

Cheers.

DanDK

Ny medlem
Just wanna update this, as they FINALLY arranged for a pickup, and the UPS franchise guy was here today and picked up the doll. This process has been excruciating for me, and I'm just crossing my fingers they won't do some weird stuff and lie about the doll being damaged or not actually overweight or something like that. I haven't put my private parts anywhere near it, and it's in exactly the same condition as it was when I received it. Made a bunch of videos and took pictures in case I need to counter some fake claim that the doll was damaged by me. I just don't trust these guys, as they've been ignoring me for long stretches, but maybe it'll work out and they'll turn out to be good people after all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed - and the Visa dispute open, just in case. Either way, I'm so glad this doll is out of my house. It's a beautiful doll, recommended, but extremely heavy if you get the non-weight-reduced version. The parcel being returned is over 45 kg, with the head inside the box.

DanDK

Ny medlem
Aaand, they've kept radio silence ever since the parcel was returned. Not a peep, and no refund. Luckily, Nets has reversed the transaction, so they can't rip me off. Thank god we live in countries with this kind of consumer protection.

• Gilla
Reactions: Mac
Toppen